Sunday, March 6, 2011

Dexter Missed Me Too

I came back from Tennessee with a nasty cold/flu and have not felt up to doing anything since our return - not even visiting Dexter.

Yesterday I simply had to get some fresh air and so we went over to see Dexter. I had no intention of doing anything with him but he came over to me so quickly that I couldn't resist so I slipped his halter on and asked him to move his shoulders and hind quarters. He was so soft and unreactive - it felt glorious. I then proceeded to TTouch and lightly stroke him with the rope him over his body - again without reaction. Typically he has gotten twitchy and reactive with any contact behind the girth area. So the next step was to pick up his feet. Before we went to Tennessee, he was doing very well with his front feet but yesterday he allowed me to pick up all four - Woo Hoo!!! I was even able to pick up his tail. It was so cold that I could only last about 10 minutes but what a productive 10 minutes.

Perhaps Dexter could tell I wasn't well and so he was being particularly cooperative and looking after me - who knows. Despite the bitter cold and feeling ill, it ended up being a beautiful day!

Tovie and Dexter

1 comment:

Ramona Bourne said...

So happy for you, Tovie. Way to go !!