Sunday, February 6, 2011

Dexter and I Weren't Ready

Since my last post, Dexter and I have been doing really well. I am starting to ask more of him and he is responding beautifully. He usually has an initial reaction to something new but then once he figures it out, he settles right in.

It was my intention to move Dexter home this weekend but it wasn't meant to be. I was not in a good frame of mind when I got there, and Dexter could obviously sense it. For the first time since I've been able to halter him, he wouldn't let me. Inside I was smiling because I knew he was feeling and responding to my tension.

It is disappointing when things don't go according to plan, especially when you've wasted someone else's time and effort.

Oh well, back to the drawing board.
Tovie and Dexter

No comments: