Friday, July 31, 2009

Alberta Mental Health Group Horses Around

On Monday we had a group of folks out to interact with the horses. Pam Lindley from Alberta Mental Health, organized the outing and she and her volunteer, Ginny, brought 9 participants. When they first contacted me, I really had no idea what to expect and nor did they. We couldn't even verify the number of folks who would come. So, as I often do, we just went with the flow and let things happen. Basically, I gave them an extremely condensed version of our program, with some hands-on interaction with the horse. We used Outback Jack (aka) Applejack because he is just so easy and really inspires confidence. Everyone seemed to have a good time and I was delighted to get the following feedback from Pam yesterday.

Hi Tovie:

Thank you so much for the wonderful experience with Jack. He was such a great horse. Everyone enjoyed the evening. I am going to tell all the groups I work with of the awsome opportunity for the clients. We will definetly be back for more. Thanks also for the pictures they are great and we can start a photo album for the clients.

Thanks
Pam Lindley


Thank you Pam and Ginny for organizing this. And of course a big thank you to Jack for his calm patience. It was also a wonderful experience for me.

I love to see folks smiling after their interaction with the horses and I love sharing our horses. I feel very fortunate to have horses that allow me to have these type of experiences.

With much gratitude,
Tovie

No comments: