Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Rewards of Just Horsing Around

Mark and Sherri have been coming out for lessons and shared their experience with me this morning via e-mail. I wanted to share their comments to reassure anyone else out there who has had a fearful experience with horses. It is possible to overcome your fear and enjoy a safe, productive experience with horses.

Thanks again to you and the boys, for sharing such a wonderful experience with us. After having a very negative introduction years ago (being thrown and then having the horse fall on top of me), I had been very nervous around horses while still admiring and loving them from a distance. My intent for these lessons was to simply become more comfortable with horses, and hopefully to progress to the point of experiencing a Join Up. To have that dream come true today, both for me and my husband, was truly magical -- small pun intended since our first Join Ups were both with Magic!

Your training methods have been great, with a clear, consistent approach and a variety of horses that have allowed me to progress from initially being unable to even convince Jack to move, to working through my fear and building up my confidence, to now working in the round pen with Magic. There is obviously still a lot to learn, both about the horses and our role as humans, but this has been an incredible beginning.

I've included a few pics that Mark took with my iPhone. In case it doesn't show, I have to tell you that I LOOOOVE Magic! :-)

Thanks for taking Mark and I through this journey.

Regards,
Sherri


You are so welcome Sherri and Mark. It has been my absolute pleasure to share your love for horses and see your confidence restored.

p.s. Magic clearly loves you right back!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I just want to say a special Thank you to you and Gord for making a welcome to myself and my son last Monday. It is just to prove that Just Horsing Around is just that, a safe place to hang out with horses and no matter what age we are...horses can have a special effect on us and a place in the heart!
Kelly