Saturday, May 28, 2011

We Welcome Ryder to the Family

After we lost Shilo in August 2009, we made the decision not to get another dog, at least not right away. Then a couple of months ago, Gord and I started talking about the possibility of getting another dog. In the past we have adopted adult dogs and that has worked well for us because we don't have that much spare time to spend training a puppy. I started looking seriously a few weeks ago; and I would invite the owners to bring the dog out to see how it would be with horses and Clover. Several dogs came out and we knew within minutes that they were not the dog for us. A couple of days ago, we found an ad on Kijiji for a 5 month old pup named Tiger. Gord really liked how he looked and when I went to meet him, I knew I had found a dog we would enjoy for many years. When the owner brought him out to meet Gord, Clover, and the horses, it was obvious he was a good fit for our family and lifestyle. While it is still work having a young dog to care for and train, he is very easy to have around.

We renamed him Ryder and once Clover shows him once and for all who the boss is, he will settle in beautifully.

No comments: