Sunday, October 18, 2009

Happy Ending



You may remember my blog in August, when students Linda and Tim bought their first horse and Daktoa tragically died just a few hours after they purchased her. The vet speculated that she may have had a heart defect. Even though she was a young horse, the stress of moving her was too much for her. Needless to say, Linda and Tim were devastated and never wanted to experience that pain again. They felt horse ownership was simply not meant to be for them.

However, once their grief began to subside, Linda found herself searching for horses on-line again and fell in love with a lovely paint mare. They have named her Miakoda - a Native American name that means “Power of the Moon”, short form of Koda means “friend”. She has the most beautiful blue eyes and white eyelashes and the sweetest personality. They brought her here to get a good start with her and we have had a lot of fun playing with her. Miakoda now thinks she is just one of the "boys".

Linda is finally starting to worry less about losing her and is really starting to enjoy her. I think Linda and Tim are going to have many years with Miakoda and we wish them all the best on their journey of horsemanship.

Big hug to Linda, Tim, and Miakoda.
Tovie, Gord, and the "Boys"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi! This is Linda....I just wanted to say that without Tovie Tim and I would have given up my lifelong dream after what happened last summer with Dakota. Thank goodness we got right back "in the saddle" because I now cannot imagine my life without my horse...not to mention Tovie and her boys! The joy of my time with them cannot be compared to anything I have felt in my life and I always learn something new each night....a lot of the times the things I learn do not just apply to horses but people in the workplace, friends and family, dogs, and the wellbeing of my soul.

Tovie is truly a gift in my life...I am so blessed to have found her, learned from her and to now have her as my friend.

I encourage everyone who has ever loved horses but didn't have the chance to grow up with them...or anyone that needs to develop leadership skills...or anyone that wants to have an amazingly good time learning about one of the world's most beautiful and soulful creatures to come down to Just Horsing Around and let Tovie change your lives as well.

Thanks from Miakoda, Tim and Linda