Tuesday, October 2, 2007

We're having a lot of fun Just Horsing Around

The participants currently enrolled in the program are terrific and we're having a lot of fun Just Horsing Around. My experience has shown me that most people with no previous background think a horse is a horse of course. It has been helpful to have a variety of horses for folks to experience - ranging from very sensitive to rock solid. My hope is that participants gain an appreciation and respect for how challenging it can be for horses to fit into our hectic schedules. We are trusting horses with our lives and limbs - often with good intention but without adequate training or consistent handling. We simply cannot pull a horse out of the pasture or stall once a week and expect them to handle whatever it is we may ask of them. Over the years I have seen many horses that rarely get a visit, let alone handled. My goal is to share enough information to help people make a realistic, informed decision as to whether horse ownerhip is right for them. It is simply not enough to be horse crazy - you have to do the work!

Tovie

4 comments:

Gail&Glen said...

Hi Tovie...Looking forward to our lesson tomorrow! I bought a copy of Horse and Rider and have been studying the diagrams of horse conformation...just to try to impress you. :-)

As we approach retirement and are in the time of our lives that we need to discover where our next passion will be, I can only say we're pleased and excited to be looking at a serious passion and lifestyle choice, post kids and very high stress corporate career. I was getting my nails done today (for a wedding next week) and I referred a lady to you.
Didn't get her name but she had previous negative experience with horses and is looking to get back to riding. She said she was afraid and I mentioned that if that was the case, the horse will definitley know it and that a session or two with you might be a good idea. Anyway, I hope she calls you.

Looking forward to our lesson and seeing "sweetheart" Jack and meeting the other "boys" up close tomorrow.

Regards,

Glen&Gail

Tovie said...

Hi Gail and Glen,
I sincerely appreciate your referral Gail. Jack and "boys" are looking forward to helping you discover your next passion. I can't think of a better way to spend retirement.
Tovie

Anonymous said...

HI Sis, it's hard to believe that this is where your life has led you. I can still remember you as a little girl and your love of horses. I am so proud of you for fulfilling your dreams. love your brother

Anonymous said...

Hi Tovie: I have had such a great time with you and your BOYS. I know that we have finished our schedule of lessons but as you know I have enjoyed it so much that I keep coming back for more. I keep learning and enjoying the time we spend together so much. You are truly a wonderful teacher and your love of the whole thing make me feel so good. I hope that we can keep going and do more and more. Thanks so much Donalda